Before hiring a roofing company, there are certain questions you should ask. A poor job can mean costly roof repairs and leaks in the future, which means more time and money spent. Ask a roofer the following questions before making a hiring decision:
- 1. What is your full company name and physical address?
- 2. Do you have insurance?
Without workers' compensation insurance, the homeowner may be responsible for medical bills and other costs associated with the injury. Your homeowners' insurance may not cover these types of accidents, so you will be personally responsible for the costs.
- 3. Do you use roofing subcontractors?
- 4. Do you have a roofing contractor license?
A business license is not the same as a roofing contractor license. A business license is for tax purposes and identifies the company. It does not mean the person has passed a test or is qualified to work as a roofer.
- 5. Do you have homeowner references?
- 6. Do you offer a warranty for your roofing work?