- Would you give a stranger your driver’s license number?
- Would you let a stranger photograph your driver’s license?
- Would you give a stranger your home address?
- Would you give a stranger your home phone number?
- Did you know that some accidents are staged just to steal your personal information?
National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has developed a mobile application – “Wreck-Check” to help you take the guesswork out of what information to share. It’s free and available for both iPhone & Android smartphones.
The app takes you step-by-step through what to do immediately following an accident. You get easy prompts that recommend, among other things, that you take pictures of the license plate and landmarks, and record a vocal description of what happened.
The app will allow you to e-mail to yourself or your insurance company an accident report.
And there’s still the old-fashioned way … a downloadable form at www.insureuonline.org.
BTW … always call the police, even if there are no injuries.