The good news is that you can get insurance against losses due to theft—you’ll just need to opt for comprehensive coverage on your policy. And the better news? There are lots of simple, low- or no-cost ways to stop car thieves in their tracks:
* Garage it: If you have access to a garage, take the extra step to park your car there. If your car isn't on the street, it’s way less likely to be stolen.
* Don’t leave valuables in sight: Because a vehicle full of fast-food wrappers is a MUCH less tempting target for break-in artists than one with a purse, electronic devices, or other valuables stored in plain sight.
* Drive stick: Because crooks can’t steal what they can’t drive.
* Use a supplemental security device: A kill switch, The Club, a steering wheel quick-release—none of these offers complete security, but thieves tend to steer clear if it looks like it will take longer to drive off in your ride.
* Lock the doors: Do we really need to explain this one?
Are you going to let a dummy school you on car insurance?! Yes. Yes you are… that is, if you want to learn how to be a safer driver (and save money on your auto coverage).
Watch and Learn: