- Am I now at risk? Are earthquakes, wildfires or other disasters now a threat? Do I need a flood insurance policy?
Floods are not covered by a typical homeowners policy, so you’ll need additional coverage. Disasters can be a huge threat to your home. Get tips for preparing your home before a disaster strikes.
- What has changed in my home? Did the number of people (and belongings) increase or decrease? Have I made any major purchases?
Be aware that certain personal property items, such as jewelry, antiques and artwork, may need special added coverage.
- Have I updated my home with a kitchen renovation, new security system or other improvements?
Many insurers offer a discount if you have a burglar alarm, deadbolts on doors or security devices for windows.
- Do I have a home inventory?
- A home inventory is an invaluable tool to use before disaster strikes. Create one to catalog your personal property and include photos or video of each room.