Make a Disaster Kit for Your Pets
Just as you should have a disaster kit for your family, containing important papers and other key items, you should prepare a similar kit for your pets. It should contain the following:
- Medication and medical records (including proof of rabies vaccination) in a waterproof container.
- Leashes, harnesses and carriers for transporting pets.
- A muzzle, if your pet requires one.
- Food and water for three days; a manual can opener.
- Cat litter and litter box.
- Current photo and description of your pet in case you become separated.
- Name and phone number of your veterinarian.
- Insurance company contact information and policy number, if you have pet insurance.